Our client delivers the most comprehensive range of smart, sustainable water solutions to homes, business and industry around the world. There industry leading and proven portfolio of solutions enables people, business and industry to access clean, safe water, reduce water consumption, and recover and reuse it. From approximately 130 locations in 34 countries, the organisation has about 10,000 employees.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the site’s EH&S Management System complies with regulatory requirements, corporate policies and appropriate Standard Practices and procedures.
- Interpretation of Lean EHS criteria, translation into requirements and training, teaching and coaching site staff in the tools and techniques for the business to achieve the necessary level of Lean maturity and progress towards zero injuries.
- Support and guidance of site staff in accident/incident investigations, ensures analytical rigor in accident causation and contributing factors, identification of appropriate root cause counter measures and verifications of effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Tracking an verification of site EHS KPI performance, on-time reporting and validation of statics and values reported.
- Conducting audits and inspections, supporting and coaching of site staff in the preparation of compliance audits using auditing tools as Enhesa scorecards, for example.
- Conducting Management System Evaluations (MSE) and self-audits related to external certification schemes (e.g. SCC (VCA), ISO 14001, OHSAS 18000).
- Chair the VGM-committee and EHS-committee meetings.
- Responding to customer request, audits, qualifications and advise on dealing with regulatory agencies or other external third parties.
- Translate corporate EHS/CSR initiatives and programs as “Zero Landfill” and “Energy Treasure Hunt” into operational projects and programs.
- Conduction / organize EHS training (introduction to new employees, toolbox, etc).
- Leading the Emergency Organization (Hoofd-BHV).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. A background in chemical plants or food processing is preferred.
- Certified as safety professional (MVK or HVK).
- At least 2 years professional EHS experience in a manufacturing, service or distribution environment.
- Knowledge of VCA.
- Solid comprehension of Lean operating principles, tools and methods.
- Effective communications skills to work from shop floor employees to management.
- Fluent Dutch language, good English speaking and reporting skills.
- Possess a high level of personal drive, positive attitude and integrity, strong analytical, hands on, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities.